Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Unique Los Angeles

I had such a blast in LA this past weekend. We got to hang out with pretty much all of our friends that used to live in Portland, ate a fantastic meal at Casa Vega, and drank many delicious drinks at the Tonga Hut. Its always so good to see old friends. We also got to go out a few times with are fantastic friends Matt and Kandace, the two talented minds behind MNKR. Surprisingly enough, out of the 300+ vendors, we were placed only 3 booths down from one another.

There were so many wonderful vendors at Unique LA and to my surprise, I managed to get out the door only buying a few things. Had it not been so busy and had more time to walk around, I'm sure I would have spent every last penny I made. As usual, I got myself a few shirts from MNKR, as well as my absolute favorite print from Brigetet B.

It was a bit sad to leave the sunny and mid 60 degree weather, to come home to below freezing weather of Portland, but at least it is sunny and even in the dead of winter, just as beautiful as always. Its back to work time though, I hung a show yesterday at..... mailed off some special orders I got down in LA, finished up the last bit of editing from all of my portrait shoots before I left town, cleaned my house, weatherized the apartment windows, played with my cat [who is still a bit mad at me leaving him for so long], went grocery shopping, put all of my art left over from the show back in the studio and watched Across the Universe. Today I have one more show to hang and then I am taking the rest of the day off, hopefully to take some pictures, but then to watch a movie at the Laurelhurst and drink beers. Thursday I am back at it with portraits and getting ready for this Sundays, CRAFTY WONDERLAND!!!!!

Hope everyone else is loving life and enjoying the lovely sunshine!

1 comment:

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

hey dear! I'm so happy to hear that you had such a great time in LA! makes me even more excited to get to Cali!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online